Diagnosis and Treatment
The Physicians of Main Line Allergy, LLP are expert in the evaluation, diagnosis, and medical treatment of allergies, asthma, immunologic, and related conditions. We employ a variety of specialized on-site diagnostic testing modalities including; lung function (breathing) testing and other specialized asthma tests; skin testing (needle-free for younger children) for environmental, food, stinging insect, medication, and vaccine allergies; oral ingestion testing for various food and medication allergies, and oral immunotherapy (OIT) to peanut.
Allergic Rhinitis and Allergic Conjunctivitis / Environmental Allergies
- Diagnosis of seasonal and perennial allergic symptoms (hay fever) with skin testing (needle-free for younger children); medical management of symptoms with medications and allergy shots.
Non-Allergic Rhinitis / Chronic Sinusitis, Chronic Nasal Congestion
- Vasomotor rhinitis evaluation and medical management with medications.
- Chronic sinusitis evaluation and medical management with medications.
- Adenoidal hypertrophy (enlarged adenoids) evaluation and medical management of symptoms with medications.
Recurrent Sinus Infections
- Laboratory and radiologic evaluation and medical management of symptoms with medications.
- Evaluation of viral-induced, exercise-induced, and other forms/triggers of asthma and its complications with pulmonary function testing, exhaled nitric oxide testing, and other specialized breathing tests, and long term medical management and care.
- Evaluation and treatment of acute asthma exacerbations.
- Evaluation and medical management of Vocal Cord Dysfunction.
- Evaluation and medical management of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) affecting asthma.
- Diagnostic skin testing, laboratory testing, and oral challenge to various foods; oral immunotherapy (OIT) to peanut.
Medication and Vacinne Allergy
- Diagnostic skin testing and oral challenge testing to antibiotics and other medications and vaccines.
Stinging Insect Allergy
- Diagnostic laboratory evaluation and skin testing to various stinging insects (bee, wasp, hornet, yellow jacket, etc).
- Allergy shots for desensitization.
(Severe Life-Threatening Allergic Reactions)
- Treatment and prevention of life-threatening allergic reactions to all of the above.
Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
- Diagnostic skin testing and examination for evaluation of triggers and diagnosis; acute treatment of flares, and long term treatment / medical management.
Immune System Disorders / Recurrent Infections, Including Antibody Deficiency
- Diagnostic skin testing, laboratory evaluation and treatment
Chronic Hives / Urticaria
- Clinical and laboratory evaluation / diagnosis and management.